My motivation for this art work is just the simple fact that most people don't like PDA (public display of affection). I remember walking by a couple kissing and the people behind me said how disgusting that was. To me that doesn't make sense. Everyone knows that couples kiss and go further in there relationships. Since this is known why can't people show others their affection? How much PDA is too much PDA? This is why I decided to do this project. I got two couples to make out and pretend to have sex to see what reactions I would get from people.
The pictures were taken right by plant park in front of the water and close behind Riverside.
The outcome was good. As you can see in the picture the people who weren't facing them never noticed what was going on but the people behind me, on the other side of the picture, noticed. Some stared in fascination while others laughed and there were a few people who just walked right on by. There was one group of guys who just stood back from a distance and laughed.
We were there for about 10 to 15 minutes while people stared. No one came up to me or them in anger or curiosity.
No comments:
Post a Comment