Thursday, March 22, 2012
Gym, Homework, and Movies anyone?
I was really inspired by Mark Dion's work at the FSU art museum. I loved how he had one basic idea and combined all the elements and items to make it come alive. His work reminded me of one instillation that David Hammons did: he took "black" items and combined them to show what an average life in a black setting was like. Each picture represents something important in my life.
The first picture has the idea of gym, it features all the stuff I need and use while I'm at the gym. The gym is something that I push my self to do along with pushing my friends such as Brianna (you may know her from my last project). Every morning we get it and go to the gym. I tried to arrange the items in a way that stands out and allows the viewers to still see everything. Clothes take up most of the space i the picture becaue the most important part of going to the gym is your clothing. Food such as bananas, protein bars, and protein shakes take up the next biggest section in the picture because a balanced diet with protein is very important. one thing most people notice is that there are two water bottles instead of one; this is because you MUST keep hydrated while you work out or you could pass out.
The next two pictures show an idea of stress, studying, homework, and midterms/finals. This is defiantly an important part of my life and every college students life. We are constantly stressing about the work given to us from classes. I thought it would be a neat idea to have the items used in the instillation to spell HW because thats all people think about when they gather their books or sit down and do work. I know personally I constantly think about how much work I have to do while I do other assignments. No one item takes up more space than the other because each item represents a class someone is taking and not one class should out power another.
The last picture represents the idea of movie night. This is a huge important to my life because I, being a film major, love watching movies and having movie night. Each item represents an important to movie night. For example, you have to have you fatty mc fat fat foods and a drink. you need the microwave to make the popcorn and of course you need the movies. The movies take up most of the space because in all honesty the most important part of movie night is the movie. If you don't have a movie you don't have movie night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment